Sunday, March 15, 2015

Blog Post #8

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch? 
As a professor, Randy Pausch inspired students in and out of the classrooms.  Professor Pausch co-founded the Entertainment Technology Center and led researchers who created Alice, a revolutionary way to teach computer programming.  He says that in his lecture, it reminds him what all he did throughout his life and what we as people need to do every day in this lifetime.  His final lecture was recorded and has been viewed more than 16 million times on youtube.  It was about achieving your dreams, he spoke about how he achieved his dreams and also helped enable others to achieve their dreams as well.




What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?

Professor Randy Pausch believes there were several keys to the success of this program. Their curriculum was project-based, and the students had so much fun and went on field trips. Project-based learning really engages and makes the students want to learn more.  Professor Randy Pausch was an awesome teacher, I would of enjoyed him because he is really an inspiration.  He basically let the students use their own imagination and be creative hands on.  Professor Pausch had a lot of energy in his teachings and he was so enthused in what he was talking about.

What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I will admit, I was a bit nervous when the video started. I thought it was going to be too emotional for me to watch. However, as I watched, I found myself laughing and wanting to hear more. I found Pausch to be very inspirational in the face of a terminal outcome. I only found a few grammatical errors here in your post. I think just make sure to re-read and proof before you post and you will be perfect. All-in-all I found your post to be informational and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JeNyia,
    I enjoyed reading you post. Randy Pausch was a very inspirational man. My favorite part of the speach was when he used the brick wall as a metaphor.
    Also, your blog is very well organized. Keep up the good work!

    - Johanna

    ReplyDelete